- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among people ages 10 -24 and has been increasing every year since 2007.
- More than 700,000 people die due to suicide each year.
- Nearly 20% of high school students report serious thoughts of suicide and 9% have made an attempt to take their lives.
- Child trafficking victims, whether for labor, sex or organ trafficking, come from all backgrounds, include both boys and girls and span a wide age range from 1 to 18 years old.
- In 2020, firearms accounted for 52.83% of all suicide deaths.
- There is one suicide death in the US every 11.5 minutes.
- If you or someone you know are having thoughts of harming yourself, please reach our for help National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255